Thumbprint was born on 12-31-2009 and was surrendered with the other Georgia dogs. She’s a beautiful brindle pied girl with the most adorable underbite. Fear not though, that underbite does not cause her any eating or drinking issues, it just adds to her cute factor!
Thumbprint came into the rescue with a pretty nasty looking growth in her ear. We’ve since removed that growth and have not seen any evidence of its return. Luckily, it was not cancerous in nature and we believe that regular ear cleanings will keep any future issues at bay. As with any Frenchie, it’s possible that Thumbprint might have some seasonal allergies but a proper diet and baths should help keep these at bay. We are looking for someone who has French Bulldog or brachy breed experience.
Thumbprint’s foster family is working hard to get her potty trained and they are noticing that she is picking up on this quickly. She’s already crate trained and rides very well in a car while in her crate or a booster seat with harness. She is learning leash training quickly as well, it’s easy because she wants to stick right by you!
Thumbprint is a quick and willing learner and wants nothing more than to please her people. Speaking of people, Thumbprint loves children and gets along great with them. She would be fine in a home with mature dog savvy children. Thumbprint does show some tendency to be a little scared so her family is also working with her to increase her confidence and build her trust.
We’ve had reports that Thumbprint has shown some dislike to another dog in her previous household. This dog was a pretty laid back character so we aren’t sure why Thumbprint took such a dislike to him. But because of this, we will be selective with applicants, they must have a training background with dogs and be a proven pack leader. That way no matter what, if she decides to act out again, her person can teach her that it’s not acceptable and nip this in the bud before it becomes an issue. It’s very possible that this behavior was because of her uncertainty of being in a new home coupled with her recent spay recovery (we all know how those hormones can cause problems!), but it pays to be cautious.
- WE DO NOT SHIP DOGS.
- APPLICATIONS FROM ILLINOIS, OUT-OF-STATE AND CANADA WILL BE CONSIDERED.
- ALL ADOPTIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A HOME VISIT.
- WE REQUIRE THE DOG TO BE PICKED UP IN PERSON IN THE STATE SPECIFIED ABOVE.
- IF A DOG IS LISTED ON “OUR AVAILABLE DOGS” PAGE AND IT IS POSSIBLE TO SUBMIT AN ADOPTION APPLICATION, THEN THAT FRENCHIE IS STILL AVAILABLE FOR ADOPTION.
- FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR FOSTER HOMES, WE DO NOT ALLOW MEET AND GREETS PRIOR TO ADOPTION.
- PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT SOME REGRESSION IN BEHAVIOR AND POTTY HABITS IS TO BE EXPECTED WHILE A DOG IS ADJUSTING TO A NEW HOME.