The French Bulldog Village is a wonderful rescue group...we foster and rehabilitate French Bulldogs and Frenchie Mixes that are rescued by our volunteers or surrendered to the Village. We take in healthy dogs, ones with behavior issues and ones with medical issues or handicaps that require more extensive help from us. The criteria for moving into the Village is quite simple: If a Frenchie needs a new home and a fresh start...they are welcome at The Village.
Our volunteers open up their homes to give comfort, healing and training to the dogs that come under our care. We rely on discounts from our wonderful network of vets and donations from the public to do the work that we do.
This is not a commercial venture for the French Bulldog Village. We receive no compensation for the foster dogs that we place. Any donations made to French Bulldog Village go directly to help care for French Bulldogs and Frenchie mixes in need.
The Adoption Process
1) If you have made the decision that a Frenchie is the right dog for you and your family, PLEASE carefully review the descriptions of any of the available French Bulldogs to be sure that the dog’s temperament fits well with your particular needs and lifestyle. Let each description, about each particular French Bulldog, be your guide. Read through the information provided carefully as pictures of the dog do not tell the whole story! While every effort is made to complete the adoption process as quickly as possible, it may take 4-6 weeks - or longer - after the dog has been posted. Please be patient.
2) Complete an online adoption application. Each Available Dog Profile has a link to an adoption application specific to that dog. Please make sure that you provide as much information about yourself as you can. List your entire household, including frequent visitors, such as grandchildren and stepchildren. Include all animals currently living with you - dogs, cats, birds, and reptiles. The more information included on the application the easier it is for the foster home to decide if the Frenchie you have chosen is a good match for your home. Here is a Sample FBV Adoption Application for you to view. Applications are NOT kept on file. You must fill out a separate application for each dog that interests you. There is a $10 fee for each application submitted.
3) We only accept applications for dogs that are listed as currently available. We do not accept applications for foster dogs who are not yet listed as available for placement. You can sign up for our mailing list on the front page of our website to receive email notifications of when dogs become available or follow us on our social media pages. Once your application is submitted to adopt an available dog, the application will be carefully reviewed by the FBV volunteer fostering the dog and our Foster/Adoption Coordinators. If your application is chosen as a potential adopter, your veterinary reference will be checked (if applicable) and the foster home or one of our Foster/Adoption Coordinators will call you and do a phone interview. If all goes well, a home visit will be scheduled by the foster home or by a FBVillage volunteer close to you. We encourage our volunteers to bring along one or more of their own French Bulldogs to the home visit.
4) Once the home visit is completed, the completed report will be forwarded to the Board of Directors. With input from the foster home and our Foster/Adoption Coordinators, the Board will make the final adoption decision.
5) All of the FBV available dogs are spayed or neutered (unless a prevailing medical condition indicates that spaying or neutering is not in the best interest of the dog), current on vaccinations, and micro-chipped prior to placement. We try to ensure that all French Bulldogs placed are in good health or alternately that all KNOWN health conditions are identified to the adopter prior to placement.
6) Before you adopt an available dog from the French Bulldog Village, you will be asked to complete and sign an adoption agreement. Please read the agreement carefully and make sure you agree with the all of the terms before signing.
7) Adoption fees are listed for each individual dog and are at the sole discretion of the French Bulldog Village. Adoption fees are set at the time a dog goes available for adoption.
8) It is the responsibility of the adopter to pick up the dog in person. No dog will be shipped.