Patches came to us from a large scale breeder surrender situation in Georgia. He is a shy boy and though his foster Mom has worked hard to build his confidence, more work in this area will be needed. Patches is a sweet boy who unfortunately has the feeling that he has done something wrong, so things like loud voices tend to make him cower. His adoptive family needs to help him understand that he’s done nothing wrong and should never ever yell at him. We believe that with continued confidence building, he will be the perfect dog and more of his fun-loving, goofy personality will emerge.
Patches has a calm, quiet demeanor and enjoys observing the happenings around his foster home. He would love nothing more than to be a lap dog! He would do ok with someone that works but they would need to make arrangements to come home at lunch or have a pet sitter drop by to let him out for a midday break (and cuddles). We don’t want Patches to miss out on any opportunity for cuddles! We would prefer a fenced yard, but it is not required.
Patches has no food or toy aggression and is crate and leash trained. He prefers not to be crated which is understandable considering he spent a lot of time in a crate in his previous home. Patches knows the commands of sit, stay and come. His absolute favorite thing to do is cuddle (he really likes cuddling!), but he also likes getting ear massages. He loves to play chase, as well. He’s a determined fellow, which can be seen with his continued attempts to perfect his forward hop. Ironically, his backward hop is perfect!
Patches is all up-to-date on his vaccinations and health needs. Other than feeding a healthy grain free food, Patches does not have any health concerns. That’s pretty rare for a Frenchie!
We are looking for a fun, active family that will give Patches all the things he hasn’t gotten to do in life yet and of course, give him lots of cuddles!
- WE DO NOT SHIP DOGS.
- APPLICATIONS FROM FLORIDA, OUT-OF-STATE AND CANADA WILL BE CONSIDERED.
- ALL ADOPTIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A HOME VISIT.
- WE REQUIRE THE DOG TO BE PICKED UP IN PERSON IN THE CITY/STATE SPECIFIED ABOVE.
- IF A DOG IS LISTED ON “OUR AVAILABLE DOGS” PAGE AND IT IS POSSIBLE TO SUBMIT AN ADOPTION APPLICATION, THEN THAT FRENCHIE IS STILL AVAILABLE FOR ADOPTION.
- FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR FOSTER HOMES, WE DO NOT ALLOW MEET AND GREETS PRIOR TO ADOPTION.
- PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT SOME REGRESSION IN BEHAVIOR AND POTTY HABITS IS TO BE EXPECTED WHILE A DOG IS ADJUSTING TO A NEW HOME.