LOCATION: Hampton Roads
AGE: 1 year
WEIGHT: 32 lbs
KIDS: Yes but older (ages 13+), dog savvy children
OTHER DOGS: Yes
BIRDS & OTHER SMALL ANIMALS: Unknown
AVAILABLE AS OF: 4/26/2021
ADOPTION FEE: $500
PLEASE READ!! Here are some important questions we asked our boy, Gnocchi:
- What do you need in your new home? “Daily exercise…and a strong leader (firm but patient); a fenced yard; toys, chews, and treats; a short walk will suffice on a rainy day, but I need to run around for a good hour 4-5x week; a playful dog companion would be great…I love dog parks!”
- What are some great things about you? “I am very sweet, well behaved, cuddly when exercised enough, very smart, handsome, very playful (I am still very much a puppy) and eager to learn.”
- What does your new home need to consider? “I have stranger aggression…especially at the vet!! I become very anxious and will bite…it is the same with visitors to the house. Any dog sitter will need to be slowly introduced. I need a strong leader who will continue to work with me on this issue. It may take a little time for me to become acquainted with my new owner as well.”
- What do you not like? “Strangers, the vet office and cats…I will chase cats as I do have prey drive. I also do not like to be left alone too long.”
- What are things you like? “Stuffies, Himalayan chews, treats and attention!!”
Gnocchi here….I just wanted to let everyone know that I am ready to find my forever home! I came to FBV after being surrendered by my previous owners for behavioral issues. My previous family was very loving but was overwhelmed with my behavior problems especially having small children. I came into rescue with severe aggression to strangers and while at the vet.
I am a healthy boy and housebroken…except for an occasional poop accident overnight. I am leash trained but hate being crated!! My foster mom has been working on this with me, though. I am very smart and even know a few commands, such as sit, stay, and down. I would prefer someone home with me all day or at least someone who can provide me with a midday potty break. I have never been left alone for more than 4 hours so I may get into trouble if not exercised a good bit before leaving me.
I am full of energy and will require a lot of daily exercise in my new home. I need an active person or a playful dog in my forever home as well as a fenced yard to burn off some of my energy. Heck…some agility type training might be fun too! You see…I bore easily and get very restless. When this happens, I become mischievous and frustrated which leads to aggression. When I get enough exercise, I am actually a very sweet, well behaved boy.
I don’t get aggressive over food or toys in my foster home. However, I have been very aggressive (snapping, biting, lunging and jumping) when meeting strangers, particularly at the vet. I am currently on Prozac to help calm me. I may or may not need this for the rest of my life….time will tell. I will need a strong leader in my forever home, though, who will be firm but patient.
I love to chew…Himalayan chews are my favorite, but I also like Gumabones, Benebones and beef marrow bones. I really like stuffed toys too and will often fall asleep with one in my mouth. I will sometimes fetch a ball but would much rather chew on a bone.
If you are a strong leader and can handle my issues with strangers, please apply. I would love to be your forever pup!
**WE DO NOT SHIP DOGS.
**APPLICATIONS FROM VIRGINIA, OUT-OF-STATE AND CANADA WILL BE CONSIDERED.
**WE REQUIRE THE DOG BE PICKED UP IN PERSON IN THE AREA OF THE STATE SPECIFIED ABOVE.
**ALL ADOPTIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A HOME VISIT.
**FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR FOSTER HOMES, WE DO NOT ALLOW MEET AND GREETS PRIOR TO ADOPTION.
**PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT SOME REGRESSION IN BEHAVIOR AND POTTY HABITS IS TO BE EXPECTED WHILE A DOG IS ADJUSTING TO A NEW HOME.